R&D Treehouse is scheduled to close on the following stat holidays:
- Labour Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year Day
- Canada Day
In addition to the days listed above R&D Treehouse is also closed on the following:
- Boxing Day
- Civic Holiday,
- Easter Monday,
- B.C. Day
- First Day of Eid ( Counts as a Paid Day )
Other closures are denoted below:
- 4 weeks for personal holidays in which 2 weeks of those weeks are paid. Parents will be notified in advance and are required to arrange alternate daycare services themselves.
- I would use all four weeks at once or take them separately.
- 5 days in the event of sickness of the caregiver in which R&D Treehouse Daycare is not responsible for alternate daycare arrangements & costs.
- Also, daycare cold close for any urgent event or emergency in my life. R&D Tree House appreciates your support and understanding during these difficult times. For the duration of the emergency closure, you will NOT be charged the tuition.
Policies & Terms
The parent is to pay the childcare provider the fees on the first business day of each month and keep the account in good standing.
Late Payment Fee
For the child to continue further the previous balance is to be cleared first. Without the previous payment there will be no child care available.
If a child is unable to adapt in my childcare or if you the parent feel that your child is not adapting in the facility within the first 2 weeks of the child’s enrolment, this contract can be terminated, both parties are required to submit a written notice. And a portion of the fees will be refunded.Please download and sign agreement policy
Please also review our policies below
- Illness / Wellness
- Staff Illness
- Field Trips
- Smoking / Drugs
- Walking Distance
As a family daycare provider, we are concerned with the health and well being of all of the children in our daycare. Regardless of proper precautions, the reality is that children do become ill. If your child has become ill we require immediate notice from the time of diagnoses. This includes:
- Fever over 100 ̊ Fahrenheit or 38.3 C ̊ that cannot be managed with over the counter medicine.
- Pinkeye, until 24 hours after antibiotics eye drop treatment has begun.
- Head lice, until after successful treatment ensuring no reappearance of the lice.
- Vomiting, or diarrhea that cannot be contained by diaper, until 24 hours after symptom have stopped.
- Oozing sores that cannot be kept safely covered with a band-aid(These are signs of infection and should be checked by a physician).
- Conditions that makes a child too sick to participate in a regular daycare activities or go outside as usual.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Severe itching of body or scalp.
- Any known or suspected communicable disease.
In the event of my illness: I will have my complete rest until recovery. Everyone of us is entitled to sick day leaves. In my case I will have 5 full days of paid sick day leaves throughout a calendar year. This will not affect my tuition fees of the enrolled children in my facility. As the children’s tuition’s are per enrollment and not per attendance.READ FULL POLICY
Sometimes parents talk their way out of their child being sick because they cannot afford missing out on their work. We will not accept a sick child in our facility. If you think your child is not sick despite indicating the symptoms, please provide us with the doctor’s written letter.
If your child is currently taking antibiotics and has a contagious illness that has continued over a period of 24 hours we ask that you do not bring your child until symptoms have alleviated.
We do not administer over the counter medicine e.g. Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, cough syrups, eye drops etc… Only prescribed medicine with the child’s and physicians name and dosage of medicine.READ FULL POLICY
If you have chosen not to vaccinate your child please inform the daycare staff and indicate on this on the registration form. As we then need to inform our already enrolled parents to be aware of this. We require that all children admitted to our child care facility who are vaccinated be up to date on their vaccinations. We require you the parents to have written proof of each child’s up-to-date vaccinations. Children attending child care especially need all of the recommended vaccinations to protect themselves, the other children, the child care provider, and their families.READ FULL POLICY
In the event the staff at R&D Treehouse Daycare has fallen ill we will close the daycare for a period of time until we can safely continue our daycare services. This period can range from one or two days up to 5 days. We immediately will notify all parents if this event occurs. Events like staff illness can occur but for the safety of the children we take care of we must close. We ask for your understanding in the event of staff illness.
In the event of prolonged illness, more than 5 days your reminder of tuition will be either carried on to the next month or refunded in the even of child’s withdrawal.READ FULL POLICY
- Our child care facility is structured to provide a safe place for children to explore; however, other environments off-site aren’t always as child-friendly or sage. It’s important for us to make outings as safe as possible while allowing children to learn from their experiences in a variety of settings.
- Children like to go for outings, field trips special occasions and activities. To stimulate interest in the subject and expand their knowledge of their surroundings they must participate in outings.
- A notice will be given to each parent in advance of the excursion informing you of the destination, date and time. Children should be dressed appropriately for these occasions.
- If you wish your child not to attend certain trips it is your responsibility to arrange alternate care.
- Some of the excursions may have a small fee. The parents or guardians are to cover those fees.
READ FULL POLICY
Children attending our family childcare, have the right to experience quality care in a smoke and drug free environment. We ask all parents dropping their child off or picking up to refrain from the usage of drugs / alcohol / smoking within our facility.READ FULL POLICY
This policy aims to minimize the risk of injury and illness caused by animals to children using family daycare while promoting the learning opportunities, provided by animals in the home based care setting.
If a parent has a pet they are welcome to bring their pet along but outside of the facility as some children my have allergic reactions to certain pets.READ FULL POLICY
Children need healthy food to allow them to develop their full physical and mental potential.
Inappropriate food choices in young children lead to increased risk of chronic diseases like; Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and kidney diseases late in life.
Every child will be offered a wide range of nutritious snacks. I will provide only SNACKS from the 5 food groups. The parents/guardians are to supply meals.
During the lunch time, I will encourage the children to eat healthy food.
Anything related with PORK is strictly prohibited in the facility and will not be served due to religious reasons.READ FULL POLICY
Once a year R&D Treehouse daycare makes an emergency walking distance drill to Betty Huff elementary school. We will only use the school ground. This drill will be made with all the enrolled children of the facility. We will also take the emergency bag with us.
The school’s address is; Betty Huff elementary 13055 Huntley Ave, Surrey, BC V3V 1V1 604-585-3104. It is a 5 minute walk to this location.READ FULL POLICY